BAKER MILLER Oat milk
Yields 3.5 Cups
- 1 c. of Baker Miller Rolled Oats
- 3 c. of Water
- 1/4 tsp. of Kosher Salt or Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 tbsp of Sweetener (Honey, Date Syrup, Raw Sugar, Brown Sugar)
- 1/4 tsp. of Ground Spice (Cinnamon, All-Spice, Pumpkin Spice, Clove)
- Fine Strainer
- A large bowl
- A container for the Milk (Mason Jar)
- In a large bowl soak the Rolled Oats in the water for a minimum of 20 minutes (You can let them soak overnight, which will soften them further).
- Drain and rinse the Rolled Oats.
- Add the Oats to the Blender, along with 3 cups of Water and blend on medium/high for two minutes. (Adding more water will produce a thinner milk and Vice Versa)
- After blending, strain the milk into your large bowl. Discard the left over Oat Pulp.
- Rinse the Strainer and Blender and repeat steps 3 and 4 as needed. (For finer milk, repeat steps 3 and 4 up to 4 times.)
- Once reaching a desired consistency, add the Sweetener, Spice and Vanilla Extract to the Milk and Whisk until smooth. (Adding the Sweetener, Spice and Vanilla Extract at the end increases the sweetness retained by the Oat Milk.
- Pour Oat Milk into your container, refrigerate and enjoy!